The following arrangements will be implemented in the event of tropical cyclones and heavy persistent rain on attending classes, our school has formulated the following measures in accordance with the guidelines of the Education Bureau:
- Special attention is drawn to the different arrangements in the event of tropical cyclones and heavy persistent rain.
|Weather conditions||Corresponding measures|
|Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 1 is issued||All schools, including kindergartens, are to operate as usual.|
|Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 is issued||Classes of kindergartens are to be suspended.|
|Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal Pre-No. 8 / No. 8 or above is issued||Classes of all schools are to be suspended.|
|When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is replaced by Signal No. 3||Classes of all kindergartens, are to remain suspended.|
|Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 is replaced by Signal No. 1 or when all tropical cyclone signals the same day or the following are cancelled||All schools (in the afternoon of the same day or the following morning) should resume classes.|
- In the event of heavy persistent rain affecting Hong Kong:
|Rainstorm Warning Signal||Corresponding measures|
|AMBER||– All schools, including kindergartens, are to operate as usual.|
|RED or BLACK
(1)Issued before class operating hours
(2) Issued during operating hours
– Classes of AM or PM schools are to be suspended all day.
– Classes of whole day schools are to be suspended all day.
– Full-time schools should be suspended all day until the end of normal school hours.
- If it is learned before school hours that Hong Kong may be affected by a tropical cyclone or persistent heavy rain, the Education Bureau will make an announcement on radio and television to notify parents that school will be suspended. They will endeavour to:
- Make the announcement to AM and whole-day schools before 6.15am; and to make the announcement to PM schools before 11am.
- If it is learned during school hours that weather conditions may deteriorate dramatically due to an approaching typhoon or special circumstances, the Education Bureau will announce via radio and television that school will immediately be suspended. In such instances, parents are advised to collect their children from school and return home when it is safe.
- Under special circumstances, the Education Bureau may announce the suspension of schools in one or more districts. In such instances, students living in those districts will not be required to attend classes, even if they attend a school in another district.
- If parents consider the weather, roads, slopes or traffic within their area not sufficiently recovered once the Education Bureau has announced the resumption of classes, they may exercise discretion when deciding whether or not to send their children to school. If the student cannot return to school or if he/she will be late due to the above circumstances, parents must please fill in the school handbook and notify the class teacher afterwards.